Florida Move

We had quite the move. The moving truck came and we had 5 days to pack it and 5 days for travel. It was not the funnest (at all) to live with half of a house and then with no items for a while. I felt like a traveler that was always missing or forgetting things. I had mid-terms and they were on some of my hardest classes. One of my classes I know I would never, NEVER, take again in my life. Maybe moving had a bit to do with the class but it was great terrible. My husband was amazing and drove most of the way while I was writing papers, studying for mid-terms, and all the homework and assignments. I would definitely not do it again.

I was so fortunate that I have good children because we had our 5 year old, 3 year old, and 6 month old to drive over 2,000 miles in 3 days. We even made a stop in Texas and Victor traveled into Mexico for business meeting. There were 2 crazy parts of our trip beyond those listed above that are going down in history.

Story 1: We were in the middle of no where and we passed a gas station and we felt that we needed to get gas but could wait a few more miles. We kept driving, and driving, and driving without a gas station, town, or sign of life. Our gas gauge was at empty, beyond empty. We called our insurance because we knew we would run out of gas. We saw a sign off the side that said 50 miles to next gas station. We were not going to make it. Our insurance told us we could only call once we were run out of gas and it could take up to 4 hours to get someone there with gas. We prayed, and prayed hard to make it to a gas station. Our prayers were definitely heard because we miraculously made it and had to fill up 22 gallons of gas in our 20 gallon car. We were running on fumes.

Story 2: We were on the home stretch in Florida and Victor and I switched driving in Tallahassee. He was falling asleep at the wheel and I felt that I could do just as well. I made it 2 more hours and was getting scared because I thought I would pass out from exhaustion. We switched again and Victor drove for maybe 30 more minutes and we knew that if we did not pull over we would be in serious trouble. We parked at a closed restaurant and fell asleep at about 2:30am. We woke up around 5:30 which is when we would have arrived at my mother-in-laws and found our car dead. It would not even turn over. We started freaking out because there was no one around, again! After about 10 minutes of disorientation from lack of sleep and figuring out what to do a cop pulled up to the side of the restaurant and Victor ran over to them. They jumped us and we were on our way.

With the adventurous trip we will not be traveling by car beyond 2 hours for a very long time. At least a year!

Comments

Popular Posts