Hair donation
I have wanted to donate my hair ever since I found out a woman in my ward had cancer. At the time almost a year ago I felt like it was too short. Last month I measured it and felt that 6 inches would be great to donate and I would still have a long amount of hair. I went on-line to the Locks of Love website and found out it was not 6 inches but 10. I couldn't believe it so I measured my hair and thought I couldn't do that short. But yesterday I decided that I couldn't put it off anymore or I would never do it. I measured my hair all morning and then begged Victor to let me get it cut. He wasn't agreeing but he wasn't stopping me either at that point. It was something I just HAD to do. So, I went to the hair salon that I like and they measured it and chopped it off. I think in the end they ended up taking 12 inches from top to bottom. I was shocked but it was no turning back now. I had a lot of fun with the girl that cut my hair. We are the same age and I was glad she did it because she made it better. I laughed the entire time instead of being bored and then hating what I just did. She was asking some really funny questions and telling me hilarious stories and I thought I would hyperventilate from laughing and I laugh when I am nervous so I was double timing my laughing. It was over all good. I miss my hair and the hair dresser asked if I felt light headed and I actually felt naked it was so weird but in a way I felt like I couldn't hid anymore and it was better. I am not a fan of the way my hair looks with the rest of my body but I like it with my face so now I just need to work on the body to match. I feel like it is a good motivator though so I am motivated to look my best. I also found out from a friend that they heard that Pantene was doing something similar and that they actually give more of the hair to cancer patients verses just making it for anyone like Locks for Love.

I love it Amanda! Change is good...Your hair was beautiful before, but everyone needs to shake it up a bit...The great thing about hair is that is always grows back...I'm partial to short hair myself...So i love it!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great!
ReplyDeleteI really like it! I think it looks fabulous on you. Last year when I cut my hair, I wanted to donate it, but couldn't quite give 10 inches. Pantene's program requires less (8 I think) so I did that one. It gives the hair to adult women with cancer, like you said. I too was touched by Dawn, so I was happy to donate it through them. Where did you end up sending yours?
ReplyDelete