The Stitches Story
We went up to Ogden for a baptism of Victor's cousin. It was a beautiful baptism and I haven't been to one in over 4 years so it was nice to witness that. We were having dinner at the church and all of the kids are running round and all of the sudden Victor's 15yr old cousin comes in holding Nathaniel and says that he is hurt. I am thinking that he has hit his head and got a bump and that was that but then the boy moved his hand from Nathaniel's head and there was blood everywhere. It was all over Nathaniel and all of the other boy. Victor and his cousin took way to long in my opinion to try and figure out where he was bleeding from. Then Victor and his sister when to the McKay hospital after two other places and there were there for 2 hours, if not longer because there was only one doctor in the ER at that time. The hospital didn't take our insurance so it was $200 out of pocket and who knows how much the bill will be but he got 3 stitches in the back of his head. They put several shots around his cut to numb it and the doctor was amazed and said that he was the best 2 yr old he has ever, EVER seen. Then they sewed him up.
The story: I guess that as Nathaniel was running round with the others they were in a room and Nathaniel ran into the room to meet up with them and he bumped into a 6 yr old and fell over and his the back of his head on the door frame. Oh by the way, the door frame was metal. I think I had a harder time than he did. He wasn't crying or anything and he still wanted to run and play. It was harder for me because I wasn't the one in action. I stayed with Madyson at Victor's Aunt's house and the last time he got stitches I was there the entire time took him straight to the hospital and knew exactly what was going on.
We are able to get the stitches removed on Friday morning and I hope his wound has healed. I hope this isn't the beginning of a crazy summer but I am so thankful that we have the technology that we have and are able to stitch open a gushing wound and that I have such a strong and brave little kid.

The story: I guess that as Nathaniel was running round with the others they were in a room and Nathaniel ran into the room to meet up with them and he bumped into a 6 yr old and fell over and his the back of his head on the door frame. Oh by the way, the door frame was metal. I think I had a harder time than he did. He wasn't crying or anything and he still wanted to run and play. It was harder for me because I wasn't the one in action. I stayed with Madyson at Victor's Aunt's house and the last time he got stitches I was there the entire time took him straight to the hospital and knew exactly what was going on.
We are able to get the stitches removed on Friday morning and I hope his wound has healed. I hope this isn't the beginning of a crazy summer but I am so thankful that we have the technology that we have and are able to stitch open a gushing wound and that I have such a strong and brave little kid.

Wow that is alot of blood. The stitches picture seemed like it was a bit overexposed so I couldn't see it really well, but WOW.
ReplyDeleteYou were such a trooper Amanda! If it were my son, I would've been a mess all night! I am amazed. You are a strong woman! :) I'm glad it didn't turn out to be too serious. Nathaniel's a pretty strong boy too.
ReplyDeleteIt's so scary when they're hurt but ya don't know where the wound is! Then, to add to the trauma, head wounds sometimes bleed so darned profusely that it appears worse than it is. Not to say that this wasn't bad--three stitches is a pretty good gash! Being a mother is just plain hard (and just so you know, you'll still worry about him when he's 25!)
ReplyDeleteIt was horrible to see all the blood and not be able to do anything about it. It definitely was worse for me than it was for Nathaniel and he was so good about it and still wanted to play.
ReplyDelete