My Toothless Wonder
Well, I have quite the story to tell. It was one out of the 4 worst days of my life. Okay maybe one out of 5. The 3rd worst day was N. was jumping on a trampoline at age 1 1/2 and had to get 4 stitches on his fore head on the right side. the 4th worst day was when we were at a baptism and N. was playing and bumped into a kid and ran into a metal door frame. He had to get 6 stitches in the back of his head on the right side/in the middle. He was 2 1/2. Now he is 3 1/2 and has NO FRONT TEETH. I ran some errands and we got back home and I set him down and brought in the babies. (I was babysitting my nephew) He kind of ran, not fast, into the house and tripped on air or his own feet and went down and hit our metal chairs. I thought he just hit his head or was scared because I didn't find any blood. Then he opened his mouth and I was looking around the bottom of his gums and didn't find anything but "food". It ended up being part of his tooth as I looked harder and saw one was chipped off right in the middle and the other was so far pushed back it looked like it was already out. I grabbed all the kids and went straight to a pediatric dentist a couple of blocks from my house. I've passed it a lot and realized that was where I needed to go. V., my brother-in-law, and anyone I tried to call did not answer. My husband and brother-in-law were up the canyon having a guys day. I had two 19 month old babies and N. who was in pain and was scared and it was so frustrating. We don't have dental insurance so that added to it. The doctor said the two front teeth needed to come out immediately because the one was broken at the root and the other was cut in half and the nerve was exposed. I cried like a baby when they were pulling out the teeth and I kept going in and out because there were still the babies that were getting into all the dental equipment and spreading toys all over the office. It was so sad and I just bawled the whole time. My poor little boy won't have the experience of pulling out that first front tooth and won't get front teeth until he is 6 or 7. He is now my toothless wonder and is still just as crazy as before. After he does some weird dive or jumps off of a chair he tells me that he could break his teeth but he is a bigger boy now and he will have more teeth grow in. The dentist had to take extra time digging for his extra root that broke off in his gum because there were several pieces but could not get everything out so it was extra painful for him. Such a terrible day but he is such a brave boy and was so amazing.



The tooth on the top right is the one that was cracked in half and the tooth on the bottom left is the one that broke at the root. You can see the difference between the two.

Comments
Post a Comment