Wood Floors and Fevers

So we finally put our wood floors on our main level living room and dining room. I have to say that I love the wood and it is so nice to clean up without wondering what in the world is really in the carpet from the previous owners. Although, for the trouble of putting in wood floors with a little child is recommended to have a babysitter or to have someone else install it. As a result Victor and I started taking up the carpet on Friday which my grandma was able to watch Nathaniel for the time that we took up the carpet but he was getting tired and she was too so unfortunatly she brought him back. Don't get me wrong, I love my son but it is quite challenging to put in the wood floors. We could not just leave him upstairs and he seemed to be quite clingy. He was with us on the main level while we started putting down the floors, which subsequently we had to pull back up. (I will get to that in a minute.) As we would put down a piece of the wood floors, Nathaniel would come and step on the plank that we would be trying to put in. With him standing on the plank, we would not be able to lock it into place with his weight on it. He did that with almost every single one. It is especially hard when both my husband and I are not the best workers together in building anything. We have such different personalities that I am surprised that the wood floors look so good! Well, I guess I should really thank my dad for that. He came up Saturday because we thought we could get all of it done on Friday but heaven knows that did not happen. So he came up because he is Mr. Handy Man. It was so much better because he knew what he was doing. So he came up and when he looked at what he did he said it needed to come up. Both Victor and I thought he was kidding but I guess you are suppose to do it where you stagger it, which is not what we did. So we were a little frustrated that we had to take apart all of the hard work we did but in the end it was worth it. I have to really thank my husband and dad for all that they did and the hard work that they put into it.



Well, after the long day we had putting in the wood floors Nathaniel seemed to have a fever nearing the end of the whole ordeal. So I figured that it was just from being outdoors all day and running errands with me. I was so wrong about that. I guess it was because he was teething but he was burning up at about 1am on Sunday and we took his fever and it was 102.2. So I called my Uncle Kent to give him a blessing and my poor Uncle Kent, it was his birthday too. But he and my Aunt came and gave him a blessing and he seemed to do better but around 5:45am we woke up again because he seemed to be blazing hot. He had the same temperature and so we gave him more tylenol and we went back to sleep. What is the bummer is that he seemed to have a fever from Saturday night until about Monday morning. He is still pretty lethargic and does not really want to leave my lap but at least he no longer has the fevers.

I will upload pictures of the floors soon. Once I actually take pictures!

Comments

Popular Posts