Our Amazing New Daughter
I would like to introduce you to Madyson Elizabeth Darquea. She was born on Tuesday December 8th at 3:53am and she weights 6lbs and 11oz. She was a very easy labor and birth. I couldn't have asked for a better time. I went into my doctor's appointment on Monday and he checked me over and I was dilated to a 3 and 75 % effaced so he stripped my membranes again and gave me some suggestions to get myself into labor. By the time I got home Monday I was having contractions about every 5 minutes and then over 4 hours they intensified and were about 2-3 minutes apart. At around 9ish, Victor and I set out for the hospital and everything checked out okay but I was only dilated to a 4 and I was about 95% effaced. From 10 until 1:30am I stayed the same. So at 1:30am I asked for the epidural and he brought it in quickly and got it done close to 2 and I went from a 4 to a 7 almost an 8 in an hour. The nurse said that I would have her within the hour and I did. I had her at 3:53. I hadn't even had the epidural 2 hours and she was here. Pushing was great and Victor recorded all of it. It was very beautiful and I am so glad that everything went well. When they broke my water they found that there was marconium. Baby poop and when Madyson was delivered they had to pump some out of her stomach. The pediatrician felt that she had an infection in her lungs so they started her up on an antibiotic and she has to have 5 doses and they last 12 hours each so I will be released today while she will stay until tomorrow around noon. I am sad that I will be home without her but because she is nursing I will either come back every 3 hours or hang out in the hospital or around up here until we get her. I will post more about how she is doing when I meet with her doctor this morning.





Congrats guys! Everything will turn out great! We are do happy for you. We will come and see you guys soon. We love you! Love the Pena Family
ReplyDeletecongrats!!! She is so beautiful, and Amanda, you look AMAZING. Seriously. I hope I look that good at delivery! Good luck with her, i hope she gets to come home soon!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute. I can't wait for Luke and Madyson to play together with Nathaniel. Best cousins ever!
ReplyDelete