Blessing Dress

I was going through all of the tubs of clothes that we have for Nathaniel to see what I could re-use for Madyson and what we would be able to pass on to our expected Nephew Luke. I found a tub that had clothes from when I was a young girl and lo and behold there was a beautiful crocheted blanket. I pulled it out because it was white, which would be perfect for the background pictures for Madyson's blessing and underneath it was a beautiful white tiny dress. It was my blessing dress with little booties. I was so excited. So I took some pictures to show you how beautiful it is and I am so excited to use it. I called my mom to find out the story and she had wanted to make my dress and when to her grandma to ask her to help her. Ruth, my great-grandmother, decided that it was a very beautiful pattern and too hard for my mom to do it and so she made the dress herself with little booties and a matching blanket. She also made my mom a boy outfit and then make blessing dresses for all of her grandchildren from then on. She has stopped making anything for quite some time so I feel very blessed to have this heirloom in the family. It means a lot.

Such a beautiful dress!


Comments

  1. How special. I look forward to seeing your little girl in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it's absolutely beautiful. It is so intricate. A lot of work went into that dress. I wish I was so talented! I'm so glad you have it. Be sure to be careful of how you store it--I found some baby clothes the other day that I should have been more careful of... oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. I'm so glad that Karen is going to make a little oufit for Luke, right? LOL

    That is so cool Amanda! I'm sure is going to be a beautiful girl! just like her uncle! LOL
    No joke, I know she is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh for pete's sake, you're so humble Francisco! ;) ;) ;) Amanda, I still think that is just the most beautiful little gown. I guess if Francisco REALLY wants one for Luke I'll just have to whip out those knitting needles and give it the ol' college try. But will he dress Luke in it when I'm finished???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts