Cruise Day 2

Sunday, March 8th 2009
Philibsburg, St. Maarten or St. Martin

This was a our very first island and it was very beautiful. It was cool to wake up and you see an island outside your window. We went to the gym to work out early and we had not docked yet and so we try running on the treadmill and you get way see sick because everything is moving and your trying to stay in one spot. We got so sick that we went back to the room to lay down a bit. After we felt a little better we went up to the tenth floor to the buffet and had a great breakfast. It was delicious. By that time we were docked and ready to venture out on the island. So we got off and took some great pictures and he ended up running into some YL people and they were taking a tour of the island from a friend of a friend and were doing it for a pretty good price. We decided to go with them and we stopped at several different places. We stopped at a market where I got a really pretty necklace for 5 dollars. It was so much fun to look at all the cool stuff. Then we drove around the dutch side and we saw an LDS church building. It was so cool to see that. After the ductch side we went to the french side of the island and stopped at a beach called Orient Beach. It was so beautiful. We had lunch right on the beach and it took about an hour to get our drinks and then another hour for a wrap or whatever you ordered. It was relaxing though. So, on the beach there was a rock divider that was not that obious but we should have thought abou it. V. and I took a walk on the beach and all of the sudden we were on the nudest side of the beach. Everywhere I looked I saw guys bums and stuff. It was horrible so I had to look at the sand and V. was so upset that I was looking. How do you miss that stuff unless you look at the ground. Needless to say we stayed on the other side of the little rock divider. There were topless woman on our side but the sad thing is its always the old people that go topless. It definatley burned my eyes out that day. Thank goodness the rest of the islands were not like that. After that we headed back to the ship and got ready for dinner. We had to dress in formal wear and I was excited to wear my new beautiful dresses. We sat with Victor's department and it was amazing food. We had like 5 courses and there was a cleaning pallet thing too. I sure did feel fancy and well, rich. After dinner, they were practically pushing us out because they were talking to much at the table but it was close to 9 and again V. and I hit the sack and slept like a rock. This island us my number 2 island out of all of them. It was a blast.


Comments

Popular Posts