The Spanish Branch
About 2 months ago I asked Victor if he wanted to go to the Spanish Branch. We had this discussion about a year ago and I told him in no way was I going to the Spanish Branch when I was pregnant and had close friends nearby. I knew that Victor would love to have a great calling and be more comfortable in the Spanish Branch. I also knew that I would learn Spanish better if I were to be in that environment. We decided to switch about a month ago and at first I wasn't very keen on it and didn't enjoy it but I can see how much better Victor is doing and I feel like the spirit talks to him better in Spanish. He has already given a talk and they asked him to teach a class. His talk was wonderful even if I didn't get everything, but it seemed to touched everyone and no one was bored. His talk was about the "Voice of the Spirit". I feel that he has grown in confidence. I felt awkward at first and so I thought that everyone else felt the same way but we met a family that we get a long with perfectly and they are great and everything is starting to warm up. I am suppose to give a talk the second week of August and my talk is about "Cultivating good judgment and not judging others". I am excited and nervous of course but at least I have a long time to practice and prepare and I won't know too many people still. I think that my talk is harder than Victor's in it's own way because it is a hard subject verses just the spirit. It is hard to have good judgment with out judging others at the same time. Although it has definitely helped me open my eyes differently. So far so good although I do miss the ladies from my old ward.

I was just looking at old emails and a friend of Sarah's sent me her talk about judging others. She referred to Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer's General Conference Address, Developing Good Judgement and Not Judging Others. I have her talk, too, if you'd like to read it. Good luck!
ReplyDelete