Nathaniel's Birthday

Today was my little boys birthday. It was kind of a unique morning because I woke up and 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep until 5:30am. Nathaniel was born at 5:01:01am. I think by body knew that. Yeah right! It was still cool to be up around the time that I would be getting ready to bring him into the world 2 years ago. We had a play group today and I made mini cupcakes and put spiders on them and passed them out at the play group. He had a blast at play group and then took a 3 1/2 hour nap. The best birthday nap ever. Then he woke up and I had him eat dinner and then gave him a cupcake and sang again. He actually sang with me which was fun. I had to light the candle 5 times but he loved it and had a blast. He was nervous to touch the cupcake but wanted it so he kept asking me to "hold me" for the cupcake. It was so cute. He eventual held it but was so clean about it, it made me laugh. Overall it was a great birthday and I am so sad to see him turn 2 but I also love every minute of it and I am so glad that I have gotten to know this sweetheart for 2 years and get to know him forever more and I am so pleased and proud to be able to call him my son. He is my joy and cherished treasure.

Comments

Popular Posts